Categorized | Featured Story, Girl Talk

Tags :

We Are Family!

Posted on 18 May 2009

whine-and-wine-5

No one said it better then Sister Sledge when they sang, “We are Family…I’ve got all my Sisters with me!”  However, in our case we had all our sisters, mothers, aunts, cousins, and friends with us!  Just to make you a little more familiar with us, three of the four original Whine and Wine girls are related.  We are cousins that come from a huge family that started with our Grandparents who had 18 children.  From them, our family tree has grown by the hundreds.  Being part of such an enormous family has it benefits, because not one of us will ever be alone!  We will always have our brothers, sisters, and cousins and no one knows this better then two of the original cousins, Jeanne and Tina.  Being the mothers of three Whine and Wine girls they naturally started hearing about our nights.  It wasn’t long until the two of them started talking and that is how the family Whine and Wine came about.  Through them the word got out and so did the invites for the Family Whine and Wine.  Dates, times, and locations were arranged and before we knew it, they had it all planned to be hosted by Jeanne at her house.

The night and the location couldn’t have been better.  Jeanne’s recreation room was the perfect setting equipped with a bar, shuffle board, dance floor and lots of wine!  Our beverage of choice for the night was Beringer White Zinfandel.  This wine is probably one of the most widely sold wines in restaurants, bars, and liquor stores all over the United States.  You know right from the start that Beringer White Zinfandel will be a crowd-pleaser as well a favorite amongst several Whine and Wine ladies.  Its blush color, sweet and fruity style and light finish will mix easily with many palates.  It is quite an enjoyable wine that is very easy to drink.  We highly recommend this wine for any occasion, and it will fit into any budget.

The Ladies started arriving, some expected and others by surprise.  We had family and friends from all over New Jersey and from clear across our country in California.  It was a true reunion between family and friends that was long overdue.  Everyone had a chance to fill the whole group in on all that was currently happening in their lives.  No matter good or bad, we were all there for each other eagerly waiting to hear what was happening in the next woman’s life.  As the wine flowed, well wishes and advice were flying around the room that included two generations of women and family friends.  It was just what everyone needed to get the night started!

Some of the original Whine and Wine girls wanted to show the ladies the traditional Whine and Wine dances.  Not only did they love them, they were quick to catch on!  In return they showed us their moves from when they were teenagers having their own girl’s nights.  The mix of ages led to the mix of music.  That’s what made this Whine and Wine unique.  The dances ranged from today’s “The Cupid Shuffle” to the classic “Soul City Walking.”  Needless to say, we all had a great workout and learned some new moves!

Our family Whine and Wine proved to be an absolute success and had us all thinking about why we hadn’t done this sooner.  One of our Aunts even made mention that our Grandmother will be attending the next family Whine and Wine.  This had some of our Whine and Wine girls thinking about how awesome it was to share a night with the women who make up several generations of our family.  These women have helped mold us into the strong people we are today, and on that particular evening, we all were drinking, laughing, and being extremely open with each other.  We were all on the same page and were no longer mothers, aunts, cousins, and sisters:  we were just women proving that that the barrier between age and relation can be brought down when you are just being you over a glass of wine.

24 Responses to “We Are Family!”

1. Nicole says:

There’s nothing better than a glass of wine and someone to talk to! Love the Whine and Wine articles they are great!

2. Anastasia says:

What an amazing bond all your family members have. It is a gift that should be cherished!

3. Dora says:

We had a great time! We re-connected with family & friends in a way you can’t really do in many other settings. There were no kids or husbands to tend to, no watching the clock, we didn’t even have to worry about driving home! We had a designated driver. I would recommend this to any family or group whose lives are “too busy” to stay in touch. You’ll be glad you did and you’ll be planning the next whine & wine before the first one is over.

4. Nicole says:

I am so joining the whine and wine!

5. Kimmie says:

For additional photos of our Fabulous Nights, please check out

Love,
    The Whine and Wine Crew

6. Katie-Rose says:

Whine and Wine can be for whenever with whoever; on the porch, in the yard, a crowded living with friends, families, or neighbors. It’s just a great reason to see friends and to have a drink. So go ahead ladies of the world raise your glasses!

7. Deneen says:

Thanks for sharing! I loved hearing about how it doen’t matter the age…woman are woman and can relate at any age.

8. Carmella says:

What a great group a friends and family. I am lucky to know some of you 🙂

9. heather says:

hey i love the whine and wine article this is truely something to be proud of we have a great time together and i cant wait for the next whine and wine in two weeks love you guys keep up the good work!

10. Stephanie says:

Whine and Wine is a great idea. I would love to do something like this with my family. What a great article. It gives me some really good ideas.

11. maria says:

great article! thanks

12. Victoria Gailer says:

I love the Whine and Wine parties.I look Forward to them and encourage some oF my Friends to come along.Love the articles!!

13. Aunt Tish says:

I am one of the originals, I loved “girls night” as we called it back then. A time to relax and vent, laugh, dance, eat and drink. A great get together for the girls in the family. We still meet up every now and then. Some are gone now but the memories are still there and that’s what it’s all about…right?

Great job Kimmie and Cherene..keep it up.

Love
    Aunt Tish

14. Jennifer Powell says:

I think its great what ur doing…girl bonding is awsome!!!! I’d love to join in!

15. Sandy says:

This is great girls! Keep up the good work! I love reading the articles and most of all love the Whine and Wines!!

16. KZ says:

Great articles! Cheers to you Girls!!

17. Teri says:

I can’t believe how fast Whine & Wine is growing. I need to get to one of these events soon!

18. Shannon says:

I think the Whine&Wine is a wonderful idea..

What a great way to bring family, friends, co-workers, neighbors – women together!

I know and love many of the Whine&Wine girls and I’m hoping when I’m ready – between breastfeeding and school 🙂 – that I can enjoy a night in your company

Keep up the good work and positive energy!

Being an only child from a small family, I know sometimes, most times all you need in life is a good ‘sister’ to talk to…

Love,
    Shannon

19. Karen says:

Hey ladies!
    This sounds like such a wonderful idea! I can’t wait to join you soon…having a 2 year old and newborn twins, I need a night out every once in a while to just feel like myself again! I am so grateful to be a part of such a fun family!

20. Jackie says:

It sounds like so much fun I havn’t hung out with you guys since high school maybe one day soon I will join the Whine and wine with you. Everyone needs a drink and a good girls night.

21. pop says:

To all the girls I loved before, keep up the good work. love Pop

22. Beth says:

Being part of a large family, I just loved this article. It seems to me that as you get older it becomes more about the Wine than the Whine. But it’s great to know there’s always someone to listen!

23. Brown says:

Major thankies for the blog article.

24. M. Fox says:

Im thankful for the post. Really Great.